“A lot of paint and a little OCD go a long way”
I’m a self taught artist inspired by color, henna tattoos, Moroccan Zillij tile work, mandalas, and patterns of all kinds. I specialize in detailed mandala/kaleidoscopic images. Although I’ve been doodling, crafting, and dabbling in art since I could first hold a crayon, I didn’t start to show my work publicly until I applied to paint, of all things, a giant 4 foot tall fiberglass pig as part of Hanover, New Hampshire’s 250th Anniversary celebration. I parlayed the momentum, recognition, and praise from that piece into confidence to try and show my other pieces. The rest, as they say, is history.
- Upcoming – Solo Gallery Show, Northern Stage Lobby Gallery, White River Junction, VT, April – May 2019
- Solo Gallery Show, Center for the Arts Lake Sunapee Region, Whipple Micro-Gallery, New London, NH, August – October 2017
- Mandalascopes and Faux-zaics, Howe Library, Hanover, NH, October – November 2016
- Alumni Artist Show, New London Hospital, New London, NH, May – August 2015
- Group Exhibit/Solo Gallery Space: Dartmouth Hitchcock Hospital, Lebanon, NH, January – March 2014
- Group Exhibit/Solo Gallery Space: New London Hospital, New London, NH, September – December 2013
- Juried Exhibit: My painting Up In the Air, was in the 20th Annual Juried Summer Exhibition, AVA Gallery, Lebanon, NH, July 2013
- Mosaics, Mandalas and Mehndi, Howe Library, Hanover, NH, February 2013
- When Worlds Kaleidoscope, Converse Free Library Lyme, NH, May – July 2012
- When Worlds Kaleidoscope, UNH Graduate Center Art Exhibit, February – April 2012
- BRECKCreate guest artist program at The Tin Shop, Breckenridge Colorado. Two week residency and workshop program, Nov 27 – Dec 9, 2017. Artist-In-Residence: Amy Fortier
- Musical Medina, painted piano project for The Hopkins Center 50th Anniversary, July 2012. Fifty pianos were painted and displayed throughout the Upper Valley of VT and NH
Rosie the Pig, for Hanover, NH’s 250th Anniversary, May 2011. Twenty fiberglass pigs and wolves were created to benefit the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Meet the Local Artist : Amy Fortier (DailyUV.com)